Although if you want to hear me actually whine, I'm happy to discuss how I think its a travesty that Vancouver can even field a team with no real Canadians in a Canadian championship. Just let me know and I'll oblige....
And if we can still believe in tomorrow, yesterday will disappear soon enough - IQ, The Wake (1985)
Henry was zonal marking. If he drifted off to cover Hassli, there would have been a massive hole in the middle of box.
The only other Whitecap within 30 yards was marked and covered.
Thank god they only scored and there was no empty hole in the box.
http://www.CanadianSoccerNews.com ~ the best site for Canadian men's soccer news on the internet!
I just watched the game... Here's my thoughts.
- Hassli's goal was unbelievable.
- the officiating in this game, and this tournament has seemed sub par. The three onfield officials don't even have 2-way radios? Don't MLS refs wear those?
- Craig and Jerry need monitors in the booth, they can't even get the call right on replays. Oh what? They have monitors in the booth?! WTF?
- 2 players who I thought stood out for their lack of contribution considering their pedigree, Plata and Le Toux.
- attendance? Why don't people like this tournament?
- Peter Montagliani needs to buy a shirt that fits, the one he was wearing wasn't even done up. Classy.
I don't want to wade into the VWFC v TFC rivalry so I won't comment on football specifics.
Why don't these teams have a PR person on the sideline who can translate for their players. I was pumped to hear what Hassli had to say about his goal and then... Nothing. He struggled because he was probably nervous and he obviously doesn't have a comfortable grip on the language yet.